7 Tips to Make a Long Road Trip Safely
Little by little, the summer months are approaching and surely, that more than one and more than one will already be planning a trip by car for these hot months that hold us. Without a doubt, on many occasions, it is the cheapest and even the most comfortable option. Still, before making the trip, the first thing we must do is to plan it correctly, to go as prepared as possible, and avoid unwanted setbacks during the trip — journey to our destination.
For this, we must take into account the following aspects:
1. Plan the route thoroughly. Always opting for roads in good condition and whenever possible for highways or highways, because sometimes they will save us time and fuel.
2. Gather information on weather conditions and road conditions. In this way, we will avoid unforeseen events that make us waste time on our precious vacations.
3. It is essential to check the car. In addition to having the annual checks up to date, we must check the status of some of the basic elements of a car, including the oil level, the brakes, the lights, the battery, the steering, the suspension, the electrical system, the ignition, and injection system, the windshield washer fluid, the cooling fluid, the steering fluid, and the seats. In any case, take our car to a workshop to perform these checks there. We insist that none of these elements should neglect, as they are essential for the proper functioning of our vehicle and may, in case of breakdown, spoil the holidays.
4. It is important to check that there is no lack in the car. The spare wheel, the jack and the key, a first aid kit, a reflective vest, a flashlight, additional glasses or sunglasses, the pair of approved emergency triangles, as well as all the necessary documentation to circulate.
5. When traveling with children, they must wear the corresponding restraint systems and the chair according to their age. They should also have enough entertainment to have fun during the trip and not distract the driver much.
6. Remember that it is necessary to stop to rest every two hours at most, performing during this stop a series of stretches, which will help us to reactivate the blood circulation.
7. If a pregnant woman travels in the vehicle, we must take into account the opinion of our doctor, since in certain cases it will not be advisable to take long trips or we will have to take more precautions than normal. This advice also applies to people with serious illnesses or who during the trip may run some risk that worsens their health.
All these tips are useful as long as you drive with caution and obey the traffic rules. So we invite you to take a trip and implement these tips, they will undoubtedly be an unforgettable vacation.